Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Clearing my own clutter.


I’ve been clearing out some interesting clutter this week: some emotional and mental clutter of my own. With amazing results. Using a process my, shall we say, spiritual guide, suggested, in a short time, I’ve found myself feeling lighter, brighter, and happier. The spin off has been an eagerness to make some changes in my home and wardrobe. Items that were not quite right are getting the boot (two floor lamps that didn’t provide good lighting, a painting…and more!) Bright colours, like an azure blue (some call it turquoise but Wikipedia calls it azure) are calling out to me from my closet.

It’s great because I get to be my own de-cluttering student and teacher, learning from my own life what it’s like to shed the weight of clutter (literally and figuratively since the pounds are dropping and my house is getting emptier). Things are actively coming and going at my house. I ripped up a few pages of a journal and the rest of the notebook went off to a daycare I donate things to. Photos from my trip to Germany in 2000 got the boot and a picture of Olivia appeared on the share shelf and was immediately wisked off to my home. I let go of some dishes and a friend gave me a pair of leather boots.

I’m so much happier when I let go of attachments and step into the flow of life, giving away what no longer serves me, and opening up to opportunities coming my way. So much like clutter in the homes of my clients. They let go of unwanted, unloved, unnecessary ‘stuff’, report that they are feeling lighter and better, and start to discover things that are actually important to them and lifts their energy.

I love how this all works. It’s spring-time. The urge to purge is strong, and I’m walking with a bounce in my step. What about you? What’s your clutter costing you? “Best money spent” was what several recent clients told me. Are you ready for an investment in yourself that has a great return rate?

No comments:

Post a Comment